Admiral Markets, now Admirals, is a major player in the field of online financial services.
Originally from Estonia, Admirals has a global presence, offering a full range of financial products and services to an international client base.
Founded in 2001, the company has grown rapidly, positioning itself as a "full-spectrum financial center." From that moment on, she confirmed her commitment to the widest possible audience.
The constant growth of the company has led to the creation of subsidiaries in various countries, including:
- United Kingdom (Admiral Markets UK Ltd, located in London);
- Cyprus (Admiral Markets Cyprus Ltd, based in Nicosia);
- Australia (Admirals AU Pty Ltd, based in Sydney);
- Jordan (Admiral Markets AS Jordan Ltd, based in Amman);
- South Africa (Admirals SA (Pty) Ltd, based in Cape Town);
- Kenya (Admirals KE Ltd, based in Nairobi).
What makes a company unique?
Admirals is distinguished by its comprehensive approach combining advanced technology, a variety of financial products and an emphasis on investor education.
This unique combination allows you to meet the needs of a wide variety of clients - from beginners to experienced traders.
For which investor profile?
Admirals is primarily focused on individual investors who want to access a comprehensive, intuitive and educational platform.
Ideal for beginners due to its educational resources, it is also suitable for more experienced traders due to its wide range of products and analysis tools.
However, it may be less suitable for investors looking for ultra-specialized trading solutions or very specific financial products.
Admirals offers various types of accounts to meet the diverse needs of its customers. These accounts are available on the MetaTrader 5 and MetaTrader 4 platforms.
The Trade account.MT5 is designed for trading with market execution, covering Forex and CFDs on various instruments such as indices, stocks, ETFs, commodities, bonds and cryptocurrencies.
This account does not charge a fee for most transactions, although there is a fee when trading CFDs on stocks and ETFs.
Invest account.MT5 is an investment account for buying and selling stocks and ETFs without using leverage.
It offers the opportunity to receive dividends and is suitable for portfolio diversification, providing access to stocks of various capitalizations and sectors, as well as diversified ETFs.
The account is opened, closed and managed free of charge, with the exception of fees for prolonged inactivity. Investors receive favorable commissions on international stocks: one transaction per day without commission and special fees depending on geographical areas.
Zero accounts.MT5 and Zero.MT4 is designed for Forex and CFD trading, with a reduced spread and commission for each trade.
These accounts are especially suitable for active scalpers and traders using automated systems.
Trade.MT4 is similar to Trade.MT5, but offers fewer tools. It is suitable for trading Forex, CFDs on indices, stocks, commodities, bonds and cryptocurrencies.
The minimum deposit for these accounts varies depending on the client's country of residence, and the account currency varies depending on the country.
In addition, the accounts offer a wide range of financial instruments, including currency pairs, CFDs on cryptocurrencies, metals, energy, spot indexes, stocks and ETFs.
Admirals offers access to two main trading platforms: MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5). These platforms are among the most well-known due to their reliability and wide range of features.
MetaTrader 4 (MT4)
MT4 is a trading platform widely used in the Forex and CFD world. It is known for its convenience and reliability, which makes it popular among traders of all levels.
MT4 enjoys an excellent reputation, mainly due to:
- its stability;
MT4 was launched in 2005 and has since gained a solid reputation in the trading industry. The advantages of MT4 include:
- intuitive user interface;
- a wide range of technical analysis tools;
- compatibility with automated trading robots.
However, it may be limited in advanced features compared to MT5, and its architecture is less suitable for some types of trading, such as stock trading.
MT4 offers advanced charts, technical indicators, automated trading capabilities and support for a wide range of financial instruments. It also offers efficient trading through order and risk management functions.
Although version 4 of MetaTrader is already outdated, many brokers continue to offer both MT4 and MT5, and there are good reasons for this: MT4 has entered the history of trading software.
MetaTrader 5 (MT5)
MT5 is an improved version of MT4, offering additional features and more flexibility. It is designed to meet the needs of advanced traders and those who trade multiple asset classes.
The interface is famous for its ability to work with a large number of financial instruments and advanced market analysis tools.
Released in 2010, MT5 was designed to expand trading opportunities beyond Forex and integrate other financial markets.
This trading platform is characterized by the ability to process more types of orders and an improved accounting system. It also offers more advanced technical analysis tools and improved stock CFD support.
MT5 offers enhanced trading capabilities, including more sophisticated charting and analysis tools, improved support for trading robots, as well as access to additional markets such as stocks and commodities.
Admirals offers a wide range of financial products spanning multiple asset classes to meet the diversified needs of investors.
Currency pairs (Forex)
Forex, or foreign currency, is one of the main products offered by Admirals. Due to the presence of more than 80 currency pairs, traders can speculate on fluctuations in the exchange rates of major, minor and exotic currencies. Popular pairs include EUR/USD, GBP/JPY and AUD/NZD, offering traders a variety of opportunities in a dynamic and liquid market.
Admirals allows investors to buy and sell real stocks on major stock markets. This direct investment option makes it possible to own shares in companies and potentially receive dividends.
Traders can choose from a wide range of stocks of international companies, which allows them to invest in various sectors and regions.
ETFs (exchange traded funds)
ETFs represent another important investment category in Admirals. These funds allow you to effectively diversify your portfolio as they track various indexes, sectors, or investment topics.
ETFs such as the SPDR S&P 500 offer a wide range of underlying stocks, combining the simplicity of stock trading with the diversification of investment funds.
Admirals provides several ways to contact customer support, offering comprehensive assistance to its users:
- Phone: Admirals offers a dedicated telephone line for direct assistance, which allows clients to speak directly with a consultant.
- Mail: The support team works by email, giving customers the opportunity to send detailed requests or documents.
- Physical branch: Despite the fact that Admirals is primarily an online platform, the company has offices in different countries where customers can get help.
- Instagram Facebook Social Media: Admirals is actively present on several social media platforms where customers can interact and receive information, including X (Twitter), LinkedIn, Instagram, Youtube and Facebook.
- FAQ: The site has an extensive FAQ section, which contains answers to the most common customer questions.
Admiral Markets provides its clients with a variety of educational resources available on request and 100% free. These resources are specially designed to meet the needs of traders, whether they are beginners, intermediate or advanced traders.
Investors who need a more complete and structured training program can use one of the three Admirals programs:
- Zero to Hero: A 20-day program covering theoretical concepts of Forex trading and simple trading strategies.
- Forex 101: a course of 9 lessons on Forex and CFD trading with written notes and tests for a quick start.
- Webinars: Online sessions led by experts who answer questions about trading in real time.
Admiral Markets educational resources are designed for traders of all levels, from beginners to experienced, and offer a personalized learning approach based on individual skills and needs.
We especially like the online trading calculator on the Admirals website. Select a financial instrument, lot size, desired leverage and account currency, and the calculator will do the rest.
This tool will allow you to automatically assess the amount of risk you can take on before placing buy or sell orders.
Commissions and fees
Admiral Markets charges various brokerage fees, depending on the market and the financial product. Specific details of these fees can be found in the "Contract Specification" section of their website.
Like most brokers, Admirals charges a commission for deposits and withdrawals. However, these commissions are among the lowest on the market:
- Deposits: Replenishment of the account using bank transfer, Visa, MasterCard, Klarna and Skrill cards at Admirals Markets is free.
- Withdrawals: One free withdrawal per month via bank transfer, Visa, MasterCard or Skrill cards. For subsequent withdrawals, a commission of 1% of the withdrawal amount is charged, the minimum amount is 1 euro or the equivalent in other currencies.
Finally, Admirals charges other fees, again quite common among online brokers:
- Internal transfers: free for accounts with one currency, 1% of the amount for accounts with different currencies.
- Inactivity fee: 10 euros per month after 2 years of inactivity, if the account balance is greater than zero.
- Currency conversion fee: 0.3% for transactions with shares, ETFs, CFDs on shares and CFDs on ETFs quoted in currencies other than the base currency of the account, with a minimum commission of 0.01 units of the base currency.
In general, Admirals is a good choice for individual investors who are looking for a reliable and trustworthy broker offering a wide range of financial products and services.